Wednesday, March 3, 2010

checking off my "Bucket List" . . .

I can hardly believe that in 11 more days I will be leaving on a trip of a lifetime! I have always wanted to go to Israel, but it seemed like a far-off dream: other things seemed more pressing, the money was needed for other things, or it just wasn't the right time. But my friend, Karen, has gently encouraged me for several years to accompany her to Israel on one of her trips. Late last summer and early fall, God began to impress upon me that NOW is the time! Life will slip by if we aren't careful, and this trip at this time is His plan for me! My husband, Mark, was very supportive and encouraging in my desire to go, but he knew that he would be unable to make the trip. I needed a roommate!

After praying about the matter, God led me to ask my dear friend, Betsy, to go with me. She was excited about the prospect of making this journey, but she had several details that would need to fall into place for her to go. One by one, the details came together, and we mailed in our deposits!

There are 6 of us going from Longview, and we are all so excited! I am sure this will be a life-changing experience. Israel, you have been on my "bucket list" for many years, and Israel, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Roommate? And you didn't think of me? Just kidding. Jordan is getting married this Saturday, the 13th, in Horseshoe Bay. But I will track your journey and say my prayers. Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O' Mary, I shall be returning to Israel vicariously thru you! I cannot wait until "we" get there. You will be in my prayers. Hugs, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom Dear Sister Mary,

    Seeing the tour through your eyes was a joy and delight to me. I treasure the blessing God gave to you and to me in allowing us to walk where Jesus walked-----together. Thank you for coming, and I KNOW that Israel is forever in your heart as it is in mine.

    I love you, Karen

    ReplyDelete